1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Problem after upgrade to 2.3.6

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by EddyR, Dec 28, 2011.

1. EddyR

EddyR Newbie
    None

Dec 28, 2011
    I just upgraded my Galaxy Ace to 2.3.6 and all seemed to work fine but then I noticed it was not recognizing the SIM card. BTW I performed the update via Odin...Took out the SIM card reset phone and nothing will work.. When going into the menu to search for networks it showed and error message saying "error while searching for networks"... Dont know what to do.. Any ideas..??

A friend said that it probably has to do with the Kernel version

Not sure of what he is talking about but though it could help.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. cwilkinson1998

None

Mar 8, 2011
    Northern Ireland
    You've probably flashed a version of android that isn't compatible with your sim card provider.

Official updates can only be done through kies, to keep the phone under warranty.

As soon as you flash an unofficial rom that hasn't been officially released by samsung, you immediately void the warranty.

Try the phone with a different sim from a different network, and if that doesn't work go back to 2.3.3 Besides, there really isn't that much of a difference between them.

EddyR likes this.
  3. EddyR

EddyR Newbie
    None

Dec 28, 2011
    Thank you very much as Ive been waiting on a replly from someone since 2 days ago. So how can I download a "known good versison"..?? Where should I look for it.? I dont want to brick the phone.. Is there any website that offers truly reliable Samsung releases.!? Thank you very much in advance

4. cwilkinson1998

None

Mar 8, 2011
    Northern Ireland
    You have to use the kies application.

Search kies on Google. The latest version is version 2.

When you install it. connect your phone, click on it in the top left of the window when it pops up. Then it will notify you if there is an upgrade available.

5. EddyR

EddyR Newbie
    None

Dec 28, 2011
    Ok so any nasty version that was install will be replaced with the corerct on from Keis and that SHOULD take care of the problem then. Just in case, if that doesnt work, what would be your next recomendation...?? Once again Thank you very much

6. cwilkinson1998

None

Mar 8, 2011
    Northern Ireland
    That should work. If not check out samfirmware. It's a website which should give you the official galaxy ace rom. You will have to flash it again with odin.

But I recommend kies first.