1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problem...all of a sudden can't set MP3's as ringtones...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sincerious, Feb 6, 2011.

1. sincerious

sincerious Lurker

Hey there,

had my Desire for just over a week, everything's been great. Have had MP3's set for my ringtone and SMS tone since i got it, (are in ''music'' folder on sd card). Then last night i had to clear the data on ChompSMS (not sure if this has anything to do with it) after it kept bringing back deleted texts...so afterwards as I was resetting the notification settings in Chomp i noticed that where there had previously been an option to choose system ringtones or MP3s, there is now just a list of the system's tones...(Ripple, etc) so i went into Settings>Personalize and also Settings>Sound and it is the same...the option to use an MP3 as a ringtone or notification is completely gone...how did this happen? :thinking:

Before, if i recall correctly, there had been a list that said 'Default' (whichever sound had been set) then something like 'system tones' and then 'Music'...now there is just 'phone ringtones' and a list of the standard android sounds... The music player still works fine though.
    How can i fix this?

any help appreciated, thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. InfernalByte

InfernalByte Android Expert

re-install the errant app, see if it elps.

3. sincerious

sincerious Lurker

i've done this, no change.

4. Dibs

Dibs Well-Known Member

As far as I was aware, if you link phone to pc, open up the drive through 'my computer' then create a folder 'ringtones' and another 'notifications' then drag your music tones in there. They will then appear on list!

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews