1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Problem answering phone if keyboard is slid open?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sboggus, Jul 8, 2010.

1. sboggus

sboggus Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Anyone else noticed having a problem answering a call when the keyboard is open? My whole system lags and the screen and keys don't respond to answering the phone call. Sometimes I can finally answer before it goes to voicemail, sometimes not. When I test it by calling myself, the phone rings for the caller 3 times before my phone starts ringing, the screen goes dark, and it finally vibrates, not rings, but the time the caller has heard 5 rings.

Advertisement

2. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    computer tech
    Virginia
    Just tested this on my phone and everything worked just fine. Does this happen whenever the keyboard is open or is it limited to when certain apps are open/running?

3. sboggus

sboggus Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Appears to be specific to my keyboard, not apps. I guess I will factory reset my phone AGAIN and see if that clears it up. Thanks for testing for me!

4. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    computer tech
    Virginia
    No problem. Thats what i would do, put the stock 2.1 update on the phone and test this problem, if it persists you most likely have a bum phone.

5. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Burlington City, NJ
    i also have thos problem. if my phone is sitting open (screen off, not even using the phone) and a call comes in i immediately have to shut the phone to answer it before it goes to VM. i dont take too many calls so isnt a BIG problem for me, but yeah.. ive noticed it.