1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problem: Blocky icons!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by yamax87, Sep 5, 2011.

1. yamax87

yamax87 Lurker

Hi guys,

Despite searching forever plus several days, I cannot find a solution to this problem. My Galaxy S2's homescreen and menu screen icons have turned blocky/low res overnight! Everything else works fine, except (for some reason) Angry Birds, which stopped working at the same time. Now, whenever I attempt to open Angry Birds, the main menu screen is fragmented and will not me progress to level select. I have since tried downloading other Angry Birds titles with similar results.

What's the problem here? Is it the phone/android or something else? Do I need to do a factory reset? Any other solution?

For the record, I have rooted the phone via ODIN.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert

did this happen after u flashed a new firmware or just rooted? i'd try resettig touchwiz launcher.. go to settings/applications/manage applications/all, find twlauncher, and clear data. this will reset all ur homescreens, so make note of any shortcuts, widgets etc, u'll have to redo them again.. hopefully this will fix it. if not, i'd try a factory reset.

do u have titanium backup? i'd do a full backup first, and try a factory reset. but maybe someone has a better idea, just do a backup with titanium.. and if no one else has a better idea, a reset should be the best option

3. maxi506

maxi506 Lurker

I am having the same issues with blocky icons/low quality and it happened overnight for me as well. I havent done anything different to my phone before it happened, have been rooted for approx 3 weeks running the lite'ning rom and this happened 2 days ago.

Has anyone else had this happen and found a fix? going crazy trying to find a fix, any help would be greatly appreciated. ;)

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews