1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

problem charging my samsung galaxy s2

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    Hi there, Im having difficulty charging my phone. when I plug my charger into the phone it doesn't work sometimes unless I hold it into place. And when it does work it takes about 8-10 hours to fully charge. Eventually when it is fully charged and Im using it, its only lasts a few hours and then I have to charge it again. Have you any idea what the cause of this could be, maybe perhaps I need a new battery? Its definitely not the charger that is broken because It works fine on other phones. Thank you, hope you can help

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Hello. It's always a good thing to have a backup battery. They are cheap and easily purchased. If you had another battery, it would be a good thing to try. The problem could be in the charging port of your phone. Sometimes a loose connection will cause slow charging or no charging. A physical inspection of the connector would confirm all is well. When your phone is running you might look to see what apps are draining your battery. Something might be running that you could eliminate.. or they may be an app that is causing your battery drain and slow charging. I hope some of this helps you in determining the exact problem.