• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem Charging Via USB

melbell

Lurker
Sep 10, 2010
When I charge my phone via usb, and it reaches a full charge the phone and/or computer starts to freak out.

Windows makes the sounds that it makes when you connect or disconnect a device over and over again as if I'm unplugging and plugging it back in over and over.

And if I had the phone in mass storage mode it disappears from the device list and pops open the dialog asking what I want to do (open folder to view files, etc).

Everything works fine whether I'm using mass storage mode or charging mode just fine until the battery reaches 100% and then it freaks out on me.

Hi & Welcome to the Forum!

I can't say if ur USB port is faulty but there is som'n going on there that is faulty.. It could altogether be the phone but if this doesn't happen during a normal charge then its som'n with ur comp &|or the USB port...

Define "normal charge". If you mean that I click on "charging" rather than "mass storage" then it does do it. It still makes the device connected and disconnected sounds over and over again on the computer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones