• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem connecting to facebook - all fix attempts failed

djentlemanl

Lurker
May 10, 2011
Yo
whenever i try to use the facebook app on my phone (or anything along the lines of that, like wikipedia, nuclearblast, market etc) it doesnt load and instead puts up this error message that says "connection to https://api-read.facebook.com refused"
ive tried turning it off and on several times, ive scoured the internet for anyone having a similar problem but i couldnt find anyone.
if anyone could offer some advice it would be appreciated

Thanks

Reactions: kupz ank
sup man. i only registered to answer your question, as ive been watching and refreshing all morning. i had the same problem until just a minute ago.

on ur phone, open your browser, go to facebook as you normally do. it's ok if you get the connetion error. click on menu, click on more, go to settings. scroll all the way down to the 'advanced' section. click on 'website settings'. the only things i left in this screen are: m.facebook.com, google.com, and touch.facebook.com. everything else i deleted by clickin on it individually and clearing it. i backed out and refreshed my browser a couple of times and im good to go again.

im not sure which link in there was fn it all up, but whatever it was, it's gone. there were like 2 or 3 other links in there that didnt appear to supposed to be linked with facebook.com.

p.s.: my phone started doing this crap yesterday. i have the original mytouch 3g from tmobile.

Upvote 0
still didnt work man :( i dont use the browser to view facebook, i have a specific facebook app that doesnt seem to be working - along with my wikipedia app and any other app that requires access to the internet. i cant use the actual browser as i have no money in my phone.

i tried your method and scrolled down to the advanced settings, but when i got to that section on the "website settings", the section was a dark gray and wouldnt allow me to click on it so i couldnt clear it.

Upvote 0
still didnt work man :( i dont use the browser to view facebook, i have a specific facebook app that doesnt seem to be working - along with my wikipedia app and any other app that requires access to the internet. i cant use the actual browser as i have no money in my phone.

i tried your method and scrolled down to the advanced settings, but when i got to that section on the "website settings", the section was a dark gray and wouldnt allow me to click on it so i couldnt clear it.

ok. ya i try not to use the facebook apps.

Upvote 0
the reason i use it is because its free whereas to check facebook using the actual browser costs me money. i thought that maybe it was because i was out of money that the problem was happening but i ran out of money on the 6th and it worked up until last night so i dont know why it would do that. Seems that technology just has built in "piss off everyone" aspects.

Upvote 0
Yo
whenever i try to use the facebook app on my phone (or anything along the lines of that, like wikipedia, nuclearblast, market etc) it doesnt load and instead puts up this error message that says "connection to https://api-read.facebook.com refused"
ive tried turning it off and on several times, ive scoured the internet for anyone having a similar problem but i couldnt find anyone.
if anyone could offer some advice it would be appreciated

Thanks

Hey mate

I was just getting the same error and this was the only place I found anyone with it. I just worked out it's a DNS problem.

I was trying to login to FB and Twitter etc on my phone at work on WIFI, and we don't allow access on our internal DNS to those sites as people would just sit on them and doss about all day!

So I downloaded the Set DNS app and set my WIFI to Google DNS. Now that I'm on an external DNS I can load my FB and Twitter apps fine!

If you do use this app to set a different DNS, make sure you restart your phone to clear the DNS cache and the WIFI will reconnect automatically on the new DNS you set in the app. Took me about 10 mins to think to even do that.

Hope this helps in some way.

Upvote 0
Hey mate

I was just getting the same error and this was the only place I found anyone with it. I just worked out it's a DNS problem.

I was trying to login to FB and Twitter etc on my phone at work on WIFI, and we don't allow access on our internal DNS to those sites as people would just sit on them and doss about all day!

So I downloaded the Set DNS app and set my WIFI to Google DNS. Now that I'm on an external DNS I can load my FB and Twitter apps fine!

If you do use this app to set a different DNS, make sure you restart your phone to clear the DNS cache and the WIFI will reconnect automatically on the new DNS you set in the app. Took me about 10 mins to think to even do that.

Hope this helps in some way.

Nope, that did not work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones