1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Problem Connecting to PC

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MarkPharaoh, Jul 21, 2010.

1. MarkPharaoh

MarkPharaoh Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Hello, I connected my Captivate to my PC and had the following issue: The phone launches an "MTP Application", shows a USB Cable on the screen and says initializing. However, the screen goes black, back to the initializing screen, black, etc etc. Also, while connecting my phone to my PC I get the error that the driver was not successfully downloaded.

I'm an Android newbie and not sure where to go from here because I would like to get some videos onto my phone.

I am using Windows Home Premium 64-bit.

Advertisement

2. MrTony

Jul 16, 2010
    Look at the stickies at the top of this forum, everything you need is there. :)

3. MarkPharaoh

MarkPharaoh Member

Jul 19, 2010
    How lazy of me, thanks!

4. MarkPharaoh

MarkPharaoh Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Did it, changed to Mass Storage, and got it to work without the MTP going nuts. However, once I click 'Mount' it goes back to my home screen and does nothing. Where do I go from here to move files from my PC to the phone?

EDIT: PC still wouldn't recognize the device when I used one of my two front USB ports. However, when I connected it to one of the back USB ports it worked properly. Kind of annoying since it's a pain in the ass to get back there.