1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support problem connecting to PC

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by longdvsn, Aug 7, 2011.

1. longdvsn

longdvsn Lurker
    None

Aug 7, 2011
    I can't seem to get my LG Optimus S to connect to my PC. When connected, it charges but does not allow me to switch anything in the notifications drop-down. I'm hoping to (a) transfer files back and forth (such as pictures) and (b) root the phone - but I haven't done anything yet.

Computer: Win 7, 64bit PC, connecting through the primary USB ports in the back. I've also tried an older WinXP laptop with no success.

Phone: LS670, Build ZVD, Android 2.2.2

I've tried installing the various drivers suggested on the LG website on both PCs. I've attempted debugging mode off and on. I've restarted the phone, computer, etc. I've even done a factory reset on the phone to no avail.

Each time I connect, it charges but there is no option in the notifications area to connect to PC (no USB icon). I've read through many threads already, but the above suggestions have usually ended the conversation. I'd really appreciate any thoughts/help.

Advertisement

2. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Android Expert

Jan 18, 2011
    Dunno. Try a different USB cable -- two wires are for power, the other two are for data.

3. kgregory01

kgregory01 Lurker
    None

Aug 16, 2011
    I am having the same problem, I can not get my laptop to register my phone and have tried basically all the same things that are listed above.

4. fidodido

fidodido Lurker
    None

Dec 25, 2010
    Male
    Los Angeles
    You know, count me as another experiencing this same issue.

I also saw a posting on sprintusers where someone else also cannot get his Optimus S to connect to a PC.

I'm starting to think that maybe Sprint sent some sort of update down which is blocking the USB connectivity of the phone? It does seems like a few too many users with the same issue.

5. aversusb

aversusb Newbie
    None

Feb 24, 2010
    Dallas
    Count me down for another. Bought my wife a used Optimus S to replace her drenched and dead Hero. Will not connect via USB. Had to take out the SDCard and put into my computer.