• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem copying files to external memory on Galaxy Tab 7.7

droid310

Lurker
Apr 19, 2011
I just got a Galaxy Tab 7.7 (4G LTE) and I am having the hardest time copying files to it when I have it connected to the PC with the USB. The model number is SCH-I815, running Android Version 4.0.4.

For instance, when I try to copy music files to the MicroSD card this will work for a while, but then inevitably the transfer stops abruptly and I get the message that "this device has stopped working or was disconnected". It's very frustrating.

The MicroSD card seems to be working fine (SanDisk Ultra 32GB Micro SD HC I, Class 10) when plugged into the PC with an adapter (outside of the tab) and I am able to copy files to it that way. When I then put it back into the tab it does recognize the files and will play them without any issues.

I would like to, however, be able to hook up my tab to the PC and not always have to remove the card to put files on it.

Does anyone have any advice? I have used Kiel and cannot get that program to recognize my tab. Are there other programs that would be good for synching with PC that may solve my problems? I have tried turning on USB debugging, but that didn't help. Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones