1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Problem copying files to phone's inner memory

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by laserzt, Jan 20, 2012.

1. laserzt

laserzt New Member

Jan 20, 2012
    I do not have an SD card in the slot, but my phone says it has an inner SD card with 6GB, almost all of it free. I'm using a 32-bit windows XP.
    I connect the USB cable, click the notification on the phone (It's in hebrew - it says "choose to copy files from the computer or to it"), and then I get two drives on my computer, one like a CD drive without a CD, and one good one - that has the phone's files.
    When I start copying a file to it, it copies a few KBs, and then the phone notification says: "preparing the inner SD card", and disconnects.
    Then the notification of connecting to the computer appears again.

help...

Advertisement

2. Lelouch

Lelouch Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Kri
    There could be many reasons for this:
    - drivers (driver version)
    - mount - doesn't mount correctly (when you connect your phone you should have mount option appear on the display)
    - and also USB ports - you should use back USB ports and not the front (I know that it sounds weird)

p.s: take a look in the device manager if you have USB (data) storage installed (it shows only when your device is connected)
    p.s2: re-install the drivers (delete them) and let them install again

EDIT: also you can only copy/paste files on 6GB partition of inner SD card, other is reserved for system data and apps

3. laserzt

laserzt New Member

Jan 20, 2012
    thank you :)
    I used the back USB ports and it worked