1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Problem creating folders

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tony_P, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Tony_P

Tony_P Lurker
    None

Jul 1, 2017
    I have a Moto G5 Plus running Android 7.0. I would like to organize the icons in my app drawer into folders. The G5 User Guide tells me: "Create shortcut folders: Drag one shortcut onto another. Add more shortcuts by dragging them onto the first shortcut. To name the folder, tap it and enter a name below the apps." Some tutorials say "long press the icon" then move it onto another icon to create the folder.

If I press or long-press an icon in the app drawer, the window shrinks to a smaller version of the home screen. My only options are to move the icon from the app drawer to the home screen or cancel the operation. I see no way to create folders in the app drawer. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement

2. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

You can create folders with multiple apps on the home screen, but this doesn't work in the app drawer.

3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    If you don't mind switching launchers, there are launchers that support folders in the app drawer.

Xavier Black and kate like this.
  4. cdysthe

cdysthe Member
    None

Aug 25, 2010
    Creating the Vivaldi web browser.
    Magnolia, MA
    May I again recommend the brilliant Smart Launcher Pro. It has features you end up not being able to live without like the extensive gesture support and auto sorting of apps in the drawer and lots of other unique usability features. I have used it on all my phones for years and it's perfect on the Moto G5+!