1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support problem downloading

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kawa123, Jun 1, 2011.

1. kawa123

kawa123 Lurker
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    Hi my name is Arthur and I have a problem with your phone I have a lg shine with android I cannot seem to download any file or it just says starting to download

thanks

Advertisement

2. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert
    None

Jul 19, 2010
    student
    Planet Earth
    Hi Arthur, Welcome to the forums!! I am going to direct you to the LG Shine forum where your question may be better suited!
    LG Shine Plus - Android Forums

3. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member
    None

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    Welcome from me also!

I've moved your question to the LG Shine Plus section to save you the trouble of reposting it. I also removed your email address from the post, as it's not advisable to post it publically.

4. karendar

karendar Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 22, 2010
    IT coordinator
    Montreal, QC
    Hello Kawa123,

I've had that problem before. Something is corrupted somewhere in the phone, usually related to the download manager or the cache.

What I suggest is if you're knowledgeable with Android, go in your settings, then applications, manage applications. In running apps, look for Android Market, Market and download manager. Stop those three. After you're done, go in all applications and look for Android Market, market or Vending, click on it, do clear data, clear cache. If you see a button called "uninstall updates", do that. Now go back to the all applications list and look for "Download Manager" and clear cache, clear data again... Do uninstall updates if you see that button too.

Once you're done, reboot phone and try again... If it STILL doesn't work, do a factory reset on the phone... Back up all your files, documents, etc. and then do this:

VOLUME UP + HOME + POWER

It will ask you if you want the phone to be reset to factory settings. If you backed everything up, say yes and then try again with the downloads...

Good luck!

5. cjmaniac

cjmaniac Member
    None

Jun 9, 2011
    ns. canada
    I had the same problem with mine when I first got it and had to factory reset it. It worked fine after that.