1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problem editing your contacts? (i.e. SNS issue) - Here's my solution for you!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jozudave, May 20, 2011.

1. Jozudave

Jozudave Newbie

Hi,

I just asked a question so I feel it's only fair I post a solution too.

I imported contacts from Yahoo, Gmail and Facebook to my new SGS2 and found that when you try to edit any that are from Yahoo or Facebook you get a message saying "Unable to edit SNS contacts on this phone".

Presumably what this actually means is "I can't edit information that came from Yahoo or FB".

What that means is you have a problem of how do you add say a phone number, extra email address or photo to a contact that was pulled from Yahoo or FB (or presumably any non-Google source).

The way around it is to create a new contact with the same name and put the phone number in there. Then hit the merge symbol and merge it with the previously uneditable contact. After you've done that you should have one displayed contact in your list which should be editable in a normal fashion.

Hope that helps anyone who's had the same problem! :)

meyogs likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. RizSher

RizSher Lurker

Thanks for the tip Jozudave

I have the same problem with my outlook exchange sync. Contacts can't be edited.

Your solution does have a slight drawback. Merging contacts is local to the phone only. So, if you have to reset your phone, the new contact will be lost.

I actually email myself the phone number and next time I'm open Outlook, the email reminds me to edit the contact; that way, the contact is always backedup.

Riz

3. Jozudave

Jozudave Newbie

That's true about the drawback. I've basically gone into my Google contacts and added anyone who was a Facebook or Yahoo contact into my Google contacts. Took me an hour or two, but hopefully won't have to do it again!

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews