• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Problem getting gingerbread on my phone

GamingForever

Sep 1, 2011
I was rooted with " DOWNLOAD EE14 ROOTED VERSION WITH CWM AND HROARKERNEL" some time ago and then today I tried to root it to gingerbread using "DOWNLOAD EJ06 Gingerbread Rooted Image with CWM5 made by Chin Checka" but it didn't upgrade... It shows it's still at 2.2.2

What do I do to upgrade?

I was rooted with " DOWNLOAD EE14 ROOTED VERSION WITH CWM AND HROARKERNEL" some time ago and then today I tried to root it to gingerbread using "DOWNLOAD EJ06 Gingerbread Rooted Image with CWM5 made by Chin Checka" but it didn't upgrade... It shows it's still at 2.2.2

What do I do to upgrade?
to use odin its a bit different now. use phone and pda files

Reactions: GamingForever
Upvote 0
What about the boot file? Also, I tried differnt things and nothing worked...

Tried EJ06 Gingerbread Rooted Image with CWM5 made by Chin Checka - didn't change android version... stays 2.2.2

Tried: EJ06 Gingerbread Stock Image made by Koumajutsu - didn't change android version - stays 2.2.2

Tried: EE14 STOCK VERSION to go back to normal non rooted and nothing happened...

Upvote 0
What about the boot file? Also, I tried differnt things and nothing worked...

Tried EJ06 Gingerbread Rooted Image with CWM5 made by Chin Checka - didn't change android version... stays 2.2.2

Tried: EJ06 Gingerbread Stock Image made by Koumajutsu - didn't change android version - stays 2.2.2

Tried: EE14 STOCK VERSION to go back to normal non rooted and nothing happened...

you need to use all three files, boot, phone and pda. Follow the instructions in the Odin thread. Not following the instructions will always result in epic fail

Upvote 0
Just root it yourself. Use the exploit by Shabby. Then install latest cwm (don't forget stick.zip) then install ctmod. Good learning experience as well

You really only need CWM to install CTMod. the installer for CTMod formats the /system partition to ext4 and completely replaces it with it's own rooted version

Upvote 0
I was about to edit this to say nevermind.. I found what I needed :p

I must say, it's super fast...

edit: gallery and music doesn't install... :(

you can't install system apps

you gotta use root explorer or something similar and move them to /system/app

or you can just install a gallery or music player off the market if you don't want to mess with anything

Upvote 0
well..... I can't seem to get the right gallery from the market... which one am I downloading since I want to go from the camera to the gallery so if I want, I can upload a youtube video..
really dont know why Gallery was removed. Pretty essential. its not like a g1 where the 3d lagged.
Anyways the easiest way i put it back in is using 7zip..i put it in the rom zip that what i dont have to do extra stuff like r/w using root explorer or some other app...quickpic just pictures are good but they dont act as default gallery viewer for lots of other apps (i.e. launcher pro)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones