1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

problem in VPN connection , help me

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ARAORG, Apr 22, 2014.

1. ARAORG

ARAORG Lurker

hi
    i had stock rom on my phone version 4.0.4 build 587. once i wanted to change my screen lock from pattern to face unlock , but face unlock was disabled. i cleared credentials from security. after that face unlock was enabled but my vpn
    connection was removed . after i made another connection and tried to connect but it wasn't successful. i did reset factory but it wasn't helpful . help me please

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

Hi and welcome to the forums. :)

To enable a vpn connection you have to have at least a pattern lock set on your lock screen. (Pin or password is also OK). Face unlock is not secure enough. This is an android requirement and quite sensible as vpns are normally used to access secure data and would be pointless if the phone itself is not secured.

Hope this explains

Roger

ARAORG likes this.
  3. ARAORG

ARAORG Lurker

thanks for your answer . i changed my screen lock to pattern but it didn't help.

4. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

Hi

Did you try rebooting the phone before reseting the vpn (with screen lock already set? )

Does the vpn try to connect? Have you tried another vpn account? (Could be the server)

The pattern lock or better is needed in any case. If you post back with me details we will try and help more :)

Roger

ARAORG likes this.
  5. ARAORG

ARAORG Lurker

i changed my rom to cm11 and set my screen lock to pattern . after that i made a vpn connection and tried to connect . it writes connecting but after a few seconds it writes disconnected. i tried with another account but that was the same.

Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews