• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem linking Apollo to my PC

I have a Galaxy Apollo and a Compaq Netbook running Windows 7 (32-bit). I would like to connect the Apollo to my PC via USB to update my handset. I should add that it is on Android 2.1 and unlocked from CarPhone Warehouse.

I installed Kies on my PC, but I don't seem to be able to get the Kies/PC to see the handset. I get the window saying "Please connect a device"

When I look in my Windows devices and printers, if the handset is connected vis USB, the PC reports seeing "Samsung Android", but in the properties, it reports No Driver Installed.

I can't find a way for Kies to see my device wi-fi either, nor can I find any Samsung drivers for the Apollo using Google.

Anybody got any ideas on how to move this forward?

Edit:- I have just plugged in my partner's Galaxy S2 and Kies, after loading down drivers, found it perfectly amd even offered to upgrade her software.

Tried my Apollo again - nothing!!!

If u wanna use ur apollo to browse d internet through ur netbook,, den try dis 1.......

1> Applications->Settings->About phone->Usb settings
2> Make sure dat "Ask on connection" is selected.
3> Now whenever u connect ur phone with d netbook, it asks for ur choice
4> Select PC Internet.
N dats it!
Open ur browser n den U will b able to access d internet widout having complications wid samsung kies......

Upvote 0
If u wanna use ur apollo to browse d internet through ur netbook,, den try dis 1.......

1> Applications->Settings->About phone->Usb settings
2> Make sure dat "Ask on connection" is selected.
3> Now whenever u connect ur phone with d netbook, it asks for ur choice
4> Select PC Internet.
N dats it!
Open ur browser n den U will b able to access d internet widout having complications wid samsung kies......

Thanks for that, but that's not what I want to do. I want to use Kies to update my firmware and the PC does not recognise my Apollo as it seems not to have the drivers it needs.

Upvote 0
I have a Galaxy Apollo and a Compaq Netbook running Windows 7 (32-bit). I would like to connect the Apollo to my PC via USB to update my handset. I should add that it is on Android 2.1 and unlocked from CarPhone Warehouse.

I installed Kies on my PC, but I don't seem to be able to get the Kies/PC to see the handset. I get the window saying "Please connect a device"

When I look in my Windows devices and printers, if the handset is connected vis USB, the PC reports seeing "Samsung Android", but in the properties, it reports No Driver Installed.

I can't find a way for Kies to see my device wi-fi either, nor can I find any Samsung drivers for the Apollo using Google.

Anybody got any ideas on how to move this forward?

Edit:- I have just plugged in my partner's Galaxy S2 and Kies, after loading down drivers, found it perfectly amd even offered to upgrade her software.

Tried my Apollo again - nothing!!!

Mine connected with no problems. I've transferred files etc all ok.

Since updating Samsung Kies it doesn't connect now!! :mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones