• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root problem loading roms

aclust

Lurker
Sep 14, 2011
i have been having issues loading roms. I have droid 2 bootloader on the root of my sd card along with the rom i want to flash. when i get in to bootloader i clear the cache load the rom and i always get myself in to a boot loop.....

I am wondering one: if the bootloader has to be on the root of the sd card and two: while in the bootloader if i have to clear cache and also choose clear data/factory reset before flashing the rom.

thanks ahead of time. as you can tell i am new at this

i have been having issues loading roms. I have droid 2 bootloader on the root of my sd card along with the rom i want to flash. when i get in to bootloader i clear the cache load the rom and i always get myself in to a boot loop.....

I am wondering one: if the bootloader has to be on the root of the sd card and two: while in the bootloader if i have to clear cache and also choose clear data/factory reset before flashing the rom.

thanks ahead of time. as you can tell i am new at this

Droid 2 bootstrapper is an app that needs to be installed like any other apk, and then run to get into CWR. It sounds like you are going into stock recovery instead of CWR.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones