• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [Problem] Need Changing the Google ID on G1...

Hadware

Lurker
Sep 19, 2009
Hey All!

I have a problem that amazes me for its stupidity: i cannot change the google ID on my T-Mobile G1.First, let's explain from where is the problem coming:
I bought a G1 on amazon, locked by T-Mobile. Not being at T-Mobile, i unlocked it. The guy who unlocked it had to put a Google Adresse to "sign-in" the thing, so he put a random adress, not the one i wanted. I don't have the password of this adress, and it's not mine anyway. I therefore want to change it to mine, but impossible! There's no way i can change it in the config, or anywhere else on the phone.

Please Help me. I'm running the CRC37 Build, Firmware version : 1.5, kernel 2.6.27

Thanks for your help in advance

All you need to do is wipe the device. With the device off, hold down the home button and then press the power button while continuing to hold the home button. Once you see a triangle with and exclamation point on the screen, let go of the home button and open up the keyboard. Press alt+L to see the text and then alt+w to wipe the device. Then reboot. Then you'll be all set to set up the phone with your Google ID.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones