• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem not resolved

Where are you located? Northern EU? We have a lot from the EU here, but you have to be more specific in some cases.

Carriers in the US add their own bloatware to phone and phones are usually locked to carrier if you buy from carrier and/or affiliate. So problems can differ. Our problems might have no bearing on yours.

Where did you buy your phone? Did you buy new or used? (I had a generic unlocked that was sold all over. The phone was not in English.) How did you get the apps on it? Were they on the phone to begin with? Did you sideload? What apps have you updated or added since the trouble started?

While not necessarily the phone - Sony has run into snags about DRM here with other electronics and CDs.

We have things called "push ads" and other crapware. You can read about those.
It could be another setting on your phone, or someone really wants to track your data. There are apps to help with this.

Why not try again - this time maybe asking for our EU community and giving all the info about the phone.

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0
Where are you located? Northern EU? We have a lot from the EU here, but you have to be more specific in some cases.

Carriers in the US add their own bloatware to phone and phones are usually locked to carrier if you buy from carrier and/or affiliate. So problems can differ. Our problems might have no bearing on yours.

Where did you buy your phone? Did you buy new or used? (I had a generic unlocked that was sold all over. The phone was not in English.) How did you get the apps on it? Were they on the phone to begin with? Did you sideload? What apps have you updated or added since the trouble started?

While not necessarily the phone - Sony has run into snags about DRM here with other electronics and CDs.

We have things called "push ads" and other crapware. You can read about those.
It could be another setting on your phone, or someone really wants to track your data. There are apps to help with this.

Why not try again - this time maybe asking for our EU community and giving all the info about the phone.

They're not ads, just unwanted, annoying "features".

I'm in Iceland. The phone was issued from my company. I had the exact same phone before but it never did any of these sort of things so I don't know what's different.

I don't know what sideload means.

I have a standard set of apps I install, nothing too extensive or unusual. The "have to swipe twice to use my phone" thing seems to either come from Facebook or something connected with Facebook. The unused app alerts are coming from some service that has a standard system icon (the blueprint style image of a smartphone), according to a long-press on one of the alerts.

I'm really just getting way too many notifications in general, I've never before had my phone decide to notify me about so many things. Right now I have a "notification" from Twitter, which I never use, to join someone in following someone else. My keyboard was bugging me letting me know that I can set it up when I've not messed with its settings or anything remotely like it since I got the phone. There's always just random annoying notifications. But the "app has not been used" ones are the worst, there's usually a bunch of them when it happens, they happen every day, and I can't figure out how to shut them off (I just took care of those other random two).

Upvote 0
People decided that the problem was done and moved the thread to the Z2 forum, which nobody reads.

You posted on Oct 9th hat you'd solved the problem - I congratulated you myself on tracking the issue down. I'm sorry it has reappeared since then, but as I commented at the time,

I'll move this to the Xperia Z2 sub-forum, as it may prove very helpful to other users of the device.
The device-specific forums are read... by other owners of the device . The fact that you received several replies offering advice is testament to that.

Upvote 0
You posted on Oct 9th hat you'd solved the problem - I congratulated you myself on tracking the issue down. I'm sorry it has reappeared since then, but as I commented at the time,

The device-specific forums are read... by other owners of the device . The fact that you received several replies offering advice is testament to that.

1. I did not say that I had "solved the prolem". I said that I found the app in question that appeared when long-clicking, and thanked people for helping me find it. But the problem did not go away.

2. I have received zero replies since the thread was moved to the device-specific forum.

Upvote 0
was it new when you got it? or have someone else used it before you and he has installed some apps? why dont you just do a factory reset?

Brand new. So I see no reason to waste a ton of time reconfiguring everything again (and possibly causing new problems) with a factory reset.

I discovered one thing that may be a solution (we'll see - please don't just move this thread off into a wasteland until I know for sure!): by holding and dragging down on the notifiation, I got a menu to come up saying that I don't want notifications or that app... but I think I'm going to have to do it for every app, and I don't know if it'll even work. But it's something.

I still have not the slighest clue what to about about the "opening screen" Facebook notiications when I turn on my screen that I have to swipe through to get to where I can then swipe again to use my phone. They're the most pointless annoyance imaginable, they give no information except that there's a Facebook notification from an individual, and given that my phone already flashes when there's a notification, I know that before even turning on the screen - and rarely do I give a whit. They pretend to have a menu on the upper right (three vertical dots) but you can't actually click on it, it's just part of the notification image.

I don't want *any* app to be able to interfere with my ability to log in, and I can't imagine why anyone would, so I'd love to be able to shut that off in general. But I see nothing in my phone's settings. I think I'll try once again digging through Facebook's settings to see if I can at least figure out how to stop FB from doing that...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones