• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help problem of my Samaung Facinate

netericw

Lurker
Jun 1, 2011
Hi Guys,

Do anybody had this situation occur?
this morning, I found my phone displayabnormal - there hv no installed program icons on the display after push the puzzle to unlock the phone.

there hv some vibration when I touch the cell phone display and a pop up" the process com.sec android app. twlauncher has stopped unexpectedly, pls try again" showed up.

I could dial out, but could not get any phone call from other. I tried to take out the battery and put it again, this situation still continuous.

Do somebody can tell me how to slove it?

Thanks & appreicate
Eric!

Greetings netericw,

I would ask if you recently installed any new apps? If so, uninstall them, reboot the phone and see if the problem goes away. You could keep uninstalling apps to see if you have a bad one causing you these issues.

If worse comes to worse, then I would backup you contacts and sms messages. Then do a full factory reset. From the home screen press the menu button, choose settings. Under settings choose privacy and the factory reset is inside of there.

If the problem persists, then there might actually be something wrong with your handset, and a return to the store might be in order.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Greetings netericw,

I would ask if you recently installed any new apps? If so, uninstall them, reboot the phone and see if the problem goes away. You could keep uninstalling apps to see if you have a bad one causing you these issues.

If worse comes to worse, then I would backup you contacts and sms messages. Then do a full factory reset. From the home screen press the menu button, choose settings. Under settings choose privacy and the factory reset is inside of there.

If the problem persists, then there might actually be something wrong with your handset, and a return to the store might be in order.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, T.M.M.L.

recently, hv install some schedule program, but it's work for 2 weeks already, it's seems ok.

The point is when I touch the screen, it doesn't response, I could not go to the setting and reboot it manually.

Upvote 0
The point is when I touch the screen, it doesn't response, I could not go to the setting and reboot it manually.

You could try the manual factory reset in the recovery screen.

1. Power off your phone.
2. While holding both the volume down and the volume up buttons, down,:D, press and hold the power button down as well until the samsung logo comes up.

3. You can release the buttons when the logo goes off. This should bring you into the recovery section of your phone.

4. I think there is an option for factory reset in there. (I say I think so because I have not had the regular recovery on my phone in a long time.)

5. You should be able to toggle through the options with the volume keys. I think its the home key that selects the option. If not the the home key, then its the back key.

6. If you press a key and the screen goes blank, don't panic, just press it again. One of the dang keys does that, I'm just not sure which it is.

REMEMBER...A full factory reset will wipe out everything saved on your phone. Anything on your external memory card will be fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones