• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem: old phone#, facebook, contacts

K.P.

May 8, 2010
Hello, I hope someone can help with this problem:

I got an HTC Desire about 2 months ago, went through set-up, imported contacts from the old SIM card and linked them to variosu people's Facebook profiles. The problem is that my friend Mark had, in their Facebook profile, a phone number that is no longer relevant. He has taken it off his FB profile, but it still comes up as one of several contact numbers for him.

It would be very bad to accidentally dial or message Mark's old number but I cannot seem to get it off my phone. I have turned on auto-sync, set FB-for-HTC to sync, manually synced, deleted Mark's old contact from the phone and SIM card, re-entered it manually then linked the reappeared-FB-profile to the new Mark-contact...and the evil number is still there.

Is there something obvious I am missing, or any way to fix this? I quite like having phone-contacts linked with FB-profiles and would rather not lose this feature just to avoid an accidental message (and Mark is my most called/messaged person).

Thanks in advance

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones