1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problem playing YouTube videos in Dolphin Browser

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Zcherub, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Zcherub

Zcherub Newbie

I'm having an issue w/ Dolphin (my favorite browser) on my HTC One. When I go to YouTube either via link or navigating there directly, the video I select won't show up. I get the audio, but not the video.

This happens whether I expand the screen or not, and on WiFi as well as cellular data. I've tried it on the default browser and don't have this issue - only on Dolphin. I have checked to manor unsure that flash is always enabled in settings and it is. For the neck of it, I tried it w/ flash disabled and obviously.didn't get anywhere w/ that...

Any suggestions ad to how I can get Dolphin to play YouTube videos correctly? Thanks in advance!

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Try contacting the Dev to see if its a bug he's working on. On a side note, why not just use the YouTube app? I set up my phone to open any link from any app to open the YouTube app and not a browser.

3. Zcherub

Zcherub Newbie

Thanks - I'll reach out to them. I don't use the YouTube app because a lot of the videos I watch are part of a series & have long titles. In the browser, I can rotate the pho e to landscape & see the entire title, in the YouTube app, I can't... It's a decent interrim solution, though I'd like to permanently have the Dolphin browser work...

Thanks for the suggestions!

4. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

I can play youube fine in dolphin so im not sure what the problem is man :thinking:

5. hulkmarvel

hulkmarvel Guest

Sometimes i have YouTube problems also with boat browser.But setting desktop mode (boat has also safari user agent that also works) i managed to see all videos, even those "not available for mobile users".Try with desktop mode also with dolphin.

funkylogik likes this.
  6. GrouchoM

GrouchoM Android Enthusiast

Is Jetpack enabled? If it is, toggle it off. If it isn't, add it.