1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Problem: Please help if possible: Captivate Locked, but in a reboot loop

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jolintsai, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Jolintsai

Jolintsai Lurker
    None

Aug 30, 2011
    Dear readers, i just got a Samsung Captivate Galaxy S I9000, here is the problem.

1) It is locked to Rogers Wireless, because my friend tested it by inserting his Rogers SIM card into it and it works normally like a phone.

Here is where it gets interesting:

2) When i insert another foreign SIM card such as FIDO cell carrier. The phone boots into the lock screen and it says Media Scanning...and then it proceeds to the booting up screen again.

From my lack of skills in Android software, i am really stuck. But from the powers of observation, it seems the phone was flashed and is currently running a custom ROM on it from Serendipity VII.

The phone runs perfectly, without a sim card, but that's like holind a tablet without a phone line...=(

I have not done anything to it but have been reading forums after forums and it seems that mine is a rare case maybe? Please help for those who are Captivate users or are experts. What should i do?

I would really really appreciate if someone could guide me in a step by step detailed manner to fix the Captivate loop. I am at the moment looking for sources and contacts to help me remove the network lock on the phone.

Until then, if anyone has any good ideas, workable ones and hopeful ones, i would appreciate that very much please =)

Here are some details on the phone's systems.

-Firmware version 2.3.3
    -Model Number:I897 ????(Why does the boot screen show I9000?,custom Rom?)

-Build number: Serendipity VII Build 2

Please help, any advice, guidance and solutions are greatly appreciated.

-Jolin

Advertisement

2. Jolintsai

Jolintsai Lurker
    None

Aug 30, 2011
    Any solutions here would be appreciated. Please assist. Thank you guys!!!