1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Problem reading from SD after rooting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by back2russia, Aug 25, 2010.

1. back2russia

back2russia New Member

Aug 24, 2010
    I have a mytouch 3g 1.2 3.5mm jack.

I first rooted this phone from the xda developers site using univeral androot.
    the root was super easy.

i think proceeded to install cyanogen 5.17.

it put android 2.1 on my phone, which i LOVED dearly.

then I discovered that I did something wrong because my earpiece wasnt working.

so I went back in. restarted with down vol button and power and installed a different sappimg.zip file. i figured that would set it back to the way it was. it did not.

After it installed I restarted and my heart sank when I saw the vodafone logo. I have tmobile, mind you. then I got an HTC magic boot screen, and I had a mytouch 3g. It loaded the operating system, but the touchscreen was disabled so I never got to do anything with it.

I, at this point, assumed I had bricked the phone, but I refused to let go, so I kept messing with it. I went and bought a card reader for my PC and used that to put a different [factory] sappimg.zip file on my card.

I then installed that and everything was back to normal, like it was before I rooted and installed cyanogen.
    so fine, I had a phone again, so I just left it alone.

but now when I turn on my phone, it says "SD card removed. insert a new one" in the notification area. my card is in the phone, and i have reformatted and done a master reset both ways,ect. its not the card thats messed up.

If I do a vol down+power boot, i can still update from things that are on the card, so I know the phone can read from the card, just not once the android system boots.

not only that but I think I've lost my bluetooth as well, but I dont really use bluetooth at all, so its not a huge deal if I never get that fixed.

So heres what I want to do.

I want to reflash my phone using a different sappimg.zip file so it will recognize my SD card.

As of now, I cannot root seeing as how the phone needs to recognize the SD card for that.

If I could gain root access without using an SD card at all, please let me know. if you just have any suggestions on what I should do aside from buying a new phone, please let me know. I appreciate your input, probably.

I realize this was long and tedious, but if you are still reading this, thanks a bunch.

Advertisement

2. dasudevil

dasudevil Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Forklift driver for Frito Lay
    Gilbert, Arizona
    have you tried another SD card?

3. back2russia

back2russia New Member

Aug 24, 2010
    yes I have tried 3 different ones

4. gamma

gamma Active Member

Jul 5, 2010
    The factory SD cards that are made by San-disk are supposedly to slow (class 2) for the phone to handle. I had problems with mine until i Got a (class 4) card. Then everything worked perfectly.

5. dasudevil

dasudevil Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Forklift driver for Frito Lay
    Gilbert, Arizona
    then im lost. I have not had any issues with any cards that i have placed in the phone. ALSO... when you rooted it changes the phone to a vodafone since it has a loop hole in it. (crackable)

Sorry wish i could do more.

6. Phateless

Phateless Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Hire me! - www.linkedin.com/in/jresneck
    SF Bay Area
    I just installed CM 5.0.8 about an hour ago and I'm noticing that all SD-related options are grayed out, although the gallery appears to work ok. What gives? Does Eclair require a faster SD card than I'm probably using? I've tried 2 cards so far and both have the same results...