• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem receiving multimedia messages

dmost11

Lurker
Jul 17, 2012
My wife and I both have LG Optimus M phones that we bought at the same time but only hers is having an issue viewing multimedia messages. Whenever she receives one, she gets a message that includes the message size, the expiration date and a button that says download. When she pushes the download button it says "downloading" but the message never appears. We have tried it with wi-fi both on and off. We have had people send the same message to both of us and it comes through just fine on mine without a download button showing up. I downloaded the LG mobile updater from LG's website and did that but it did not fix the problem. Other than that I have not changed any other settings or attempted to root the phone (I am reasonably tech savvy but wary of screwing up the phone). Thanks in advance for your help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones