1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Problem restoring data in MyBackup

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ExtraCrispy, Feb 16, 2011.

1. ExtraCrispy

ExtraCrispy Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 19, 2010
    I took a data and (apps+media) backup onto sd card, rooted, installed new Rom, and did a factory reset and sd card format, then I copied my backups (zip files) back to Mybackup\AllBackups folder. I now have MyBackup root installed and it does not find anything on the sd card when i try to restore.

Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to install the trial of MBP again?

Advertisement

2. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns!
    None

Jul 7, 2010
    I did this same procedure when I had to format my SD card in order to partition it. As long as you didn't rename any part of the Mybackup folder structure or file name, it should find the backup files. I've been using MyBackup since last June, and I know at some point, they changed the default name of their folder. I have the latest version, and I see on my sdcard:

/sdcard/rerware/MyBackup/AllAppsBackups (apps)
    /sdcard/rerware/MyBackup/AllBackups (data)

Under the AllAppsBackups folder, I see:
    /AllAppsBackups/AppsMedia (new location)
    /AllAppsBackups/LastBackupApps (old location)

As far as I can tell, the data backup is still under AllBackups. Apps backup got moved from LastBackupApps to AppsMedia.

So my guess is that before you formatted and factory wiped, you didn't have the latest MyBackup App, so it saved stuff to its old locations. You copied that file structure off your SDcard onto your PC. Then, when you installed a new ROM and copied back your SD data, you went to the market and grabbed the latest MyBackup, which is now reading from a different folder structure... It now can't find your backups because it's looking elsewhere. You can try to recreate the new folder structure by making the above folders and using those instead.

Basically, copy everything in LastBackupApps into a new folder called AppsMedia.

I assume your data restore still works? It should, because that location hasn't changed.

mbc663 and ExtraCrispy like this.
  3. ExtraCrispy

ExtraCrispy Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 19, 2010
    Thanks, turns out that I am an idiot :)
    I created MyBackup dir in root, instead it should have been under 'rerware'.

4. mbc663

mbc663 Lurker
    None

Dec 1, 2010
    ty for the most helpful and detailed explanation....solved my problem as well ;]

5. samarthsharma

samarthsharma Lurker
    None

Dec 14, 2011
    Hi,

I took a backup using mybackup and then when I went about restoring it, it did some processing and asked me to restart. I backed up and restored some 600 pics. Now after restart, when I press "Applications" its not allowing me to see it and instead is doing some processing since over an hour.

I am not sure as to what to do since now I cant enter beyond the home screen.

Please advise

6. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

Jun 20, 2011
    The Infernal Swamp
    Go into recovery and wipe cache and dalvic

7. Nemesis78

Nemesis78 Lurker
    None

Feb 23, 2012
    I took a data backup onto sd card and did a factory reset and sd card format, then I try to install back the backup file using other apps (backup & restore). Somehow the apps (backup and restore apps - different version) unable to detect the file that i backup previously. The file is under SBF format.

Need Your Advice....thanks

8. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    what data was this? what did you use to make a backup? you should be using titanium backup instead.

Tags: