1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problem Restoring Stock ROM

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by smg76, Oct 6, 2013.

1. smg76

smg76 Lurker

I have an Atrix 4G (MB860) that was running on GB 2.3.6. Back in August I unlocked and rooted it and flashed jokersax's ICS ROM. I made sure to backup the stock ROM using ClockworkMod.

I have since upgraded to a Galaxy S4 (and switched carriers) and don't use my Atrix anymore. I wanted to return it back to stock condition (as close as possible) and try selling it. I tried going into Recovery, wiping everything and restoring the stock ROM that I backed up. This did not go well.

When trying to restore the system, it said it failed. I rebooted and got stuck at the Moto boot screen. Several times I attempted wiping everything (including the Dalvik cache) and restoring the original ROM but to no avail. I ended up restoring the ICS ROM and now I'm back to square one.

I hope this has nothing to do with using my old SD card from the Atrix in my new GS4. I haven't reformatted the card or deleted anything pertaining to the backup.

I should note that in Recovery, when I go to Backup/Restore I do not have the option to choose between the internal or external storage.

Please help! Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

Sounds as if the backup failed, so you have a bad backup file. Not much you can do now unless you can find someone with a stock Atrix and CWM. (Have him do a nandroid backup and restore it on your phone.)

3. smg76

smg76 Lurker

Hmm, well that's not good. There's no other way to put stock Gingerbread back on it because I already have CWM, correct?

What are the odds someone would be interested in buying it the way it is (unlocked, rooted, with custom ICS rom)?

4. smg76

smg76 Lurker

I also neglected to mention that when I originally did the nandroid backup, it was stored on the phones internal SD card. In ClockwordMod when I went to Backup/Restore the backed up ROM was shown. I tried to move in from the internal storage to the external SD card but my phone's file manager wouldn't allow the transfer. I connected USB and transferred the backup folder from the internal SD to the external SD card. The file file structure shouldn't have anything to do with it, would it?

I'm not doubting that it's a bad backup file, just trying to consider everything. Thanks!

Motorola Atrix 4G Forum

The Motorola Atrix 4G release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1930mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews