• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root problem rooting EVO

I hope someone can help me. I'm new to Android OS. I have tried to root my evo with Unrevoked a few times and it never works. I've followed directions on YouTube, and forums, it sounds simple but I can't get it. After I install it then get the done message, ill try to use apps that require root but they all say application needs root access !?!?!? :eek:

got my evo and found a thing on the net that said open your phones browser and get unrevoked. did it and it says done but im getting a 404 error when trying to browse the net if i pull the battery i can browse via my home wifi with comcast. the first inrevoked on my phone loaded v.3 and the phone spit back no progrm to open or something to that effect either way not working. i found the old or whatver version of unrevoked that is one click hahahahahahahaha ya ok. i downloaded it said done not rooted like on the net videos and then i get the 404 error untill ii pull the battery. downloaded wifi thether app seemed to be ok but then 404 until battery pull. will the app forward a wifi from my home wifi or does it need sprint access to work correctly. tether gives an error code also like cannot connect and phone not rooted. what goves with this one click claim to fame. pleas help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones