1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problem seeing multiple pics in MMS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sean76, Dec 21, 2013.

1. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

This is so weird and I can't figure it out. When someone sends me multiple pics in an MMS for some reason when I click on them a different pic opens it up in its place? This is a very weird issue that I've never experienced on any android phone before.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. badutahboy

badutahboy Well-Known Member

I have the same issue.

3. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

Its a pretty annoying problem. Wonder if its either something to do with SMS/hangouts
    Or just software related in 4.4.2

4. badutahboy

I had it before the 4.4.2 update...

And actually, I'm not sure if this phone has the problem or not. I did a hardware exchange, so I'm not sure. Tomorrow I'll have a friend send me two pics and see if I have the issue.

5. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

Awesome...let us know!

6. badutahboy

Still have the issue.. two different phones, 4.4 and 4.4.2 both as well.

7. zipred

zipred Android Expert

The solution is to replace Hangouts with a good SMS/MMS app like Textra SMS.

Once that's done you'll find texting and MMS messaging, fast and easy. Be sure to set it as the default app and you're problem is solved.

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=textra sms

8. lennydude

lennydude Android Expert

So true.........

I could not stand using Hangouts. Way too complicated for a simple app IMHO.

I also tried a few and have settled on Textra myself. Works 100% after as zipred said, you make it your default SMS/MMS app.

9. badutahboy

That's not a solution. I actually like Hangouts

10. happydundee

happydundee Newbie

I agree Hangouts is quite good. Tried textra and 8sms and found I preferred Hangouts. Its better with the dashclock hangouts widget.

It could have some more customisations, but its early days yet, and I am sure it will get better.

I am trying to keep my N5 as near to stock as possible, as I find the more bloat that gets added, the slower and harder it becomes to track down problems.

11. happydundee

happydundee Newbie

Have you tried deleting the cache and data in the hangouts app?

Nexus 5 Forum

The Nexus 5 release date was November 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.95" screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon 800 processor, 2300mAh battery, and 2GB storage.

November 2013
Release Date
Reviews