1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Problem setting up Motorola Atrix with Google TV via HDMI device, help?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by simpleelovlee, Sep 13, 2011.

1. simpleelovlee

simpleelovlee Lurker
    None

Sep 13, 2011
    online brand strategist
    Durham, North Carolina NC
    I'm curious to know if anyone has had issues setting up devices via HDMI or particularly using the Motorola Atrix (I am cross posting this on the Android and Motorola, Sony and Google TV forums too to see what response I get there also).

After connecting my Atrix, powered on, to the Google TV (29") using the HDMI cable I received with the phone, I navigate to "Settings" > "Video input" > HDMI settings" > "Device list" > and click on "Enable" I receive an error message that reads:

No HDMI devices were found. Please check the connections.
    Through a default function I choose, the "remote control" screen appears on my Atrix.

I tried all four HDMI plugs on the TV and received the same error message.

Might anyone be able to help me troubleshoot this?

I have the Sony NSX24GT1 24 and my cell is a Motorola Atrix Mobile Phone Black MB860 running on Android version 2.3.4.

p.s. I really like my phone and I really like my TV and the possibilities for using the two together! I really hope I can get some help with this. Thank you!!

Advertisement

2. WolfmanRobby

WolfmanRobby Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 7, 2010
    Male
    Systems Admin.
    Atlanta, GA
    I think you are over complicating it.

Just plug it in like any other HDMI device and turn the TV to that HDMI port. That's all I do and I've hooked mine up to several HD TV's. Just plug it in, and tune to that input on the TV. No need to run any kind of config or setup.

EDIT - I think what's happening for you is that you run the set up, and it tries to talk to the phone, but the mini-HDMI ports don't support bi-directional communications. It just transmits.

3. djdminus

djdminus Lurker
    None

Jan 25, 2012
    actually he's not over complicating things. i have the same issue. the only way it works is if i manually add a device every time which is a big hassle. I see my input showing up on HDMI 1 but it never lets me navigate to the input. I know i'm not much help . just figured misery loves company