1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support problem sith Micro SD access after update to 4.4.2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ilnickif, Jan 13, 2014.

1. ilnickif

ilnickif Lurker
    None

Jan 13, 2014
    Today i've updated my note 3 to andriod 4.4.2. version and i dont have possibility to write or delete anything from external SD card( i can read and format card but not write). had anybody had a similar experience? please help me ( i dont want to ROOT my cellphone)

Advertisement

2. iwoloschin

iwoloschin Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 27, 2011
    Male
    Electrical Engineer
    Somerville, MA
    Most of us do not have 4.4 of any type yet, so I wouldn't expect too much help on the phone front yet. That being said, I'd try taking the uSD card out and reading/writing to it from a computer, to ensure that the uSD card isn't broken.

3. dag12

dag12 Lurker
    None

Sep 16, 2011
    Hi, I had today the possibility to update my Galaxy Note 3 on OTA. Now I have the same problem. I could format the SD card. I can read it with an explorer, but not write. I cannot transfer any file on it, but I can read an copy file from the sd card in Windows connected with USB cable.

My camera can write, I can move the application with AppMgr Pro III, but other application cannot access it.

Thanks for any help.

4. dag12

dag12 Lurker
    None

Sep 16, 2011
    One remark:

I was able to transfer files on the SD Card with the stock Explorer "My Files" apps (in French apps "Mes Fichiers").

Thats mean that all stock basis applications can write on the SD card, but no other application.

5. evohicks

evohicks Android Expert

Jun 26, 2011
    Male
    Shropshire, UK
    I've had no issues at all with my SD card, it worked just same after doing the update OTA.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 launched in 2012 and was the company's flagship phablet. The device featured a 5.7-inch display with a 1920 x 1080 resolution, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 13MP main camera.