• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Problem Solutions/Status] CYANOGENMOD ROM and New 2.2.1 OC kernel Boot Loop.

[EDIT] For those of you who get boot loop trying to flash the cyanogen 7 ROM you need to reboot into recovery and wipe all user data. Then re flash the cyanogen ROM and reboot it should work now. It might take a while to get past the android image but be patient. :D

As for the OC Kernel for 2.2.1 It works on most phones when you wipe both cashes and flash it on a working Rom. But there are some phones it is currently not compatible with and will boot loop you. the issue is still being investigated by Reppart and should soon be solved.

Thank you all for your patience.

I figured it out! For all of you who get boot loop with the cyanogen ROM and the new kernel! ALL i did was wipe ALL USER DATA yes that's right all of it. and then re flashed and BAM it worked. :D at least the ROM is working ill test the kernel now.

[EDIT] Nope, only the ROM works for me now. After I wiped all user data the ROM works but the Kernel Still boot loops.

[Edit #2] I just tried the new version of the 2.2.1 OC Kernel, same result Boot Loop at the original LG logo.

Upvote 0
agreed i wiped everything re-flashed latest cm7 ROM still same result curious me now "growling at phone"

Edit: newest OC Kernel, Same fruit loop

i read reppard is going to be lowering the max speed back to the default 600 MHz so ears to over clock-en my optimus at a stable 603 MHz ha ha...

edit:rOCK v0.3 Kernel WORKS an im overclocked at 768MHz thank repperd

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones