1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Problem started a create a backup

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by naepace, Jul 26, 2011.

1. naepace

naepace Lurker
    None

Jul 24, 2011
    * Managed to resolve the issue by :-

"Turn off your phone and take out the battery. Unplug the phone from the PC / charger.

Replace the battery and turn the phone back on with 'volume down' held. The device will go to a ClockworkMod Recovery menu screen."

I completed the ROM install manually therein *

Hi, I was following the guide quite sucessfuly until I got to

Launch ZTE-Blade Recovery Manager from the App Drawer
    Hit the Firmware tab
    Hit the MENU button on your device and choose Update Database
    If you want to make a complete backup of your entire phone : use the option Backup Current Firmware - this will put a FULL backup of your device onto the SDCard (in a directory called clockwork)

When I tapped 'Backup Current Firmware' I got the following error message "sorry currently only clockworkmod recovery is supported for backing up your firmware" On the advice of another thread I installed ROM Manager from the market to use to create a backup which was also unsuccessful. Now when I try to open Recovery Manager I get this message "Sorry. The application Recovery Manager (process com.podtwo.Recovery Manager) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." and I have to force close.

From searching other threads I found these

BTW, Phones with Oranges B10 software have trouble getting into recovery - What I have !

When you Launch RM, what Recovery version does it display at the top??
    Where Flash ClockworkMod Recovery shows the current Recovery??

anything over 3.0.1.4 will not work on GEN1 Blade/OSF's. From the guide it appears I have installed 3.0.2.8 although from ROM Manager Current Recovery: ClockworkMod 3.0.2.7 ?

If your version is wrong for the phone you have, you can flash an appropriate version by going to the bottom in ROM Manager, tap "All ClockworkMod Recoveries"....you should get a list there, which includes 3.0.1.4. - Tried this but 80% through i got this message "An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands!"

I'm very sorry for the length of my post but wanted to give as much detail as possible. Any ideas on where I go from here ?
    Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

dannymur likes this.
  2. dannymur

dannymur Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 22, 2011
    Male
    Ireland's Lake Land
    Hi friend.....

It is extremely hard to read your post, due to font colour formatting, but you seem to be OK now, so all good.

I think you quoted from an old post of mine, regarding Rom Manager Recovery 3.0.2.7, which is the latest Recovery catered for by Rom Manager.

You are also quoting Seb's specific ZTE Blade Recovery Manager, which was developed when Rom Manager did not support ZTE Blade(OSF).

It is a fact that the 3.0.2.7 in Rom Manager is for GEN2 devices, and GEN1 users should flash 3.0.1.4 to be safe. This advice holds true.

New Blades, from Orange, AFAIK are still GEN1 with Android 2.1(Eclair), but I cannot say for sure, users should check with Mr. Pigfish or Blade Buddy, and use the appropriate Recovery. I am talking about Rom Manager here.

I don't think Sebs Recovery Manager is being developed much further, as Rom Manager now fully supports Blade.

So, I am glad you are OK now, if further help neded, please post, but leave out the formatting, please.

3. naepace

naepace Lurker
    None

Jul 24, 2011
    Sorry for the formatting. As the post was so long I was trying to make sure that people could see I had resolved the issue without them having to read my whole diatribe :eek:
    Your comments are noted, I'm always open to constructive feedback :)
    Cheers.

4. dannymur

dannymur Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 22, 2011
    Male
    Ireland's Lake Land
    That's OK naepace....I just couldn't read it. :)

I'm not a Mod or anything here, so no probs at all. :D

Any other problems, let us know, ppl here will help, if they can [​IMG]

Tags: