1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Problem streaming audio

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ellerbestyle, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Ellerbestyle

Ellerbestyle Member

Apr 29, 2010
    I did a search and cant seem to find if someone else has this problem. I use either radio time or iheartradio to stream radio stations and I have drop outs all the time. If I am on 3g it does this as well as Wifi. I would think wifi would be solid but I have tried a couple different interent connections just to make sure it wasnt the connection. This drives me crazy because there is no reason I should be able to stream a 48k stream on a good 3g connection for a wifi connection.

Is there any tweaks I need to do? Am I doing something wrong?

Advertisement

2. Kwake

Kwake Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Could you have a task killer that is killing the app automatically when your phone goes idle?

3. Ellerbestyle

Ellerbestyle Member

Apr 29, 2010
    I don't use a task killer. It doesn't completely stop it just skips. It almost acts as if there is no buffer at all. I might be streaming at 52k and the stream is a 48k stream and it still will drop below 48k. I even tried a 32k stream and it starts out strong then it starts to act up.

4. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Avionics
    Does something like Pandora work?

5. Ellerbestyle

Ellerbestyle Member

Apr 29, 2010
    Yeah pretty sure it works. I will test it and post back.

6. xrtfan

xrtfan New Member

Aug 5, 2010

I have the same issue. If the radio goes off, I have no 3G signal and then it comes back. Same issue with wifi. I thought maybe I was in a marginal 3G area, but I work on the the top floor of a building that has a Verizon cell tower on top and it still does the same thing...any ideas? thanks

7. Ellerbestyle

Ellerbestyle Member

Apr 29, 2010
    I am convinced it is something to do with android. I was trying to get radio time to work yesterday. I was on wifi with a fios connection. Seems like if I listen to a 32k stream I am usually ok, but a 48k or higher and it drops out.

8. TambourineMan

TambourineMan Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Did anyone figure out what was the problem?