• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem switching between active apps

rgke

May 7, 2010
Is anyone else experiencing problems switching between tasks using the bottom right hand 'button'?

It is particularly bad on graphic intensive apps such as Words with Friends: the screen goes completely black for sometimes 20 seconds or more. And sometimes does not recover without killing the task.

It was never a problem on my htc desire

I was just looking through these threads to see if I could find some one else who was experiencing this. I have a friend who bought this phone and just emailed me yesterday asking me why he phone was lagging so much. I figured it was probably due to Sense (I hate sense and will not ever have a phone with sense on it).

I was hoping that maybe it was a rogue app chewing up memory, but I guess it is probably not.

Upvote 0
Depends on what you mean by 'lagging'.i have found the phone really fast to use. The only issue I'm is the task switching one.

I'm totally puzzled that no one else seems to be concerned about it.

For the One S (and other sense 4.0 devices) this is intended. They kill background processes much more aggressively.

Personally I have only noticed it a time or two, but I don't multi-task more than a couple things at a time usually.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones