• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem transfering/playing MP3s

clickit

Dec 8, 2010
I have a Samsung Intercept for about two months now. I used to put MP3's and played them with the included music player. All of a sudden, when I transfered some MP3's the system gave me the "sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file" so I tried other MP3's that were there from before, and it told me the same thing. It seems that at random some files are corrupt, because I mounted the pone through USB and I tried to play the files by clicking on them from the Pc and it gave me an error from Windows media player saying something like: "the file you are trying to play does not correspond to the extension" or something like that.
I got another MP3 and played in windows media player, and made sure it plays, and transferred it to the Intercept, and I go the same error. Sometimes it does not give me the error, but it jumps to another file at random without a warning when it starts to play. I have deleted the MP3's and uploaded them again, and some work but most of them don't, even though they used to play a couple of weeks ago. I have tried about 5 different players that I downloaded, but they all sort of give the same error. I uninstalled them and I'm back to the original music player. I converted some of the MP3's to WMA's and NO PROBLEM!!! they all play well. I really do NOT want to convert a ...load of songs. If someone has stumbled upon with this, I would appreciate the help.:thinking:
Firmware: 2.1-update1
Kernel: 2.6.29
Hardware: M910.05

I have a Samsung Intercept for about two months now. I used to put MP3's and played them with the included music player. All of a sudden, when I transfered some MP3's the system gave me the "sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file" so I tried other MP3's that were there from before, and it told me the same thing. It seems that at random some files are corrupt, because I mounted the pone through USB and I tried to play the files by clicking on them from the Pc and it gave me an error from Windows media player saying something like: "the file you are trying to play does not correspond to the extension" or something like that.
I got another MP3 and played in windows media player, and made sure it plays, and transferred it to the Intercept, and I go the same error. Sometimes it does not give me the error, but it jumps to another file at random without a warning when it starts to play. I have deleted the MP3's and uploaded them again, and some work but most of them don't, even though they used to play a couple of weeks ago. I have tried about 5 different players that I downloaded, but they all sort of give the same error. I uninstalled them and I'm back to the original music player. I converted some of the MP3's to WMA's and NO PROBLEM!!! they all play well. I really do NOT want to convert a ...load of songs. If someone has stumbled upon with this, I would appreciate the help.:thinking:
Firmware: 2.1-update1
Kernel: 2.6.29
Hardware: M910.05

Have you tried downloading an mp3 through the browser? Here's a fun one for ya:
Stamps (radio) | ching chong song

Maybe try copying everything off your SD card and reformatting it?

Upvote 0
Yes I did reformat. Here is a more detailed story: I originally got the Intercept with the original SD 2gigs. I downloaded some pictures and music, both MP3 and WMA. Played fine. I got a 16gig SD and copied the 2gig to it, without the Phone!! It seemed to have worked, but when I tried to use the camera, It started to mess up. The pictures had odd names like (@&*#^(@@))@(*@& and stuff like that. I could not open them and the phone got really really slow. I removed the SD card and when I tried to look at the contents connected to the PC it said that the card was not formatted or something like that. I inserted it back to the phone and formatted it. I copied the music back to it. It worked ok. My friend sold me a 32gig card so I inserted it, formatted it and then copied the music. like I said before in my first post it worked ok, but then suddenly I can't play most of the MP3s.:(

Upvote 0
Yes I did reformat. Here is a more detailed story: I originally got the Intercept with the original SD 2gigs. I downloaded some pictures and music, both MP3 and WMA. Played fine. I got a 16gig SD and copied the 2gig to it, without the Phone!! It seemed to have worked, but when I tried to use the camera, It started to mess up. The pictures had odd names like (@&*#^(@@))@(*@& and stuff like that. I could not open them and the phone got really really slow. I removed the SD card and when I tried to look at the contents connected to the PC it said that the card was not formatted or something like that. I inserted it back to the phone and formatted it. I copied the music back to it. It worked ok. My friend sold me a 32gig card so I inserted it, formatted it and then copied the music. like I said before in my first post it worked ok, but then suddenly I can't play most of the MP3s.:(

Sounds like you need to format the card, put it back in the phone, and mount the card and copy to the phone that way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones