1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Problem transferring music to Nexus

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by otter, Dec 28, 2011.

1. otter

otter Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2010
    I thought that by typing in the subject it would pull up an answer since this must have been discussed before, but I was wrong....
    cliffnotes: what's the best way to transfer a CD to my samsung galaxy nexus?

Here is what I did. I ripped the music into windows media player. Then I thought I synced it to my nexus. Afterall the device appeared on the right as "galaxy nexus" and I dropped all 24 songs there. Then I pressed sync and it said sync was completed. I clicked on results and it said it was transferred to my nexus. I was happy and I tried locating the files in music player but couldn't find it. I disconnected the phone and rebooted and tried to find the songs...nope.

So I decided to create a folder on my computer's desktop titled "My music second try to transfer". I then went to my music on my computer and found all 24 songs then copied them into this folder. Fine. I dropped that onto my Nexus then went to astro and found that those files were there...wonderful! I tried playing it and it said it doesn't support that type of format.

I'm stumped

Advertisement

2. redgst

redgst New Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Had a similar issue when i tried using AirDroid.
    Here's how i finally got it to work.
    Installed the galaxy nexus drivers from Samsung site (just google samsung galaxy nexus usb drivers) Rebooted machine.
    USB cable from phone to PC. Windows 7 picked it up. dragged the music from my computer to the Music folder on the phone. Worked like a charm.

trophynuts likes this.
  3. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    I work in a Tech related field. Have been in a tec
    SouthEastern US
  4. otter

otter Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Thanks. I will take a look at it tonight. What I did it the second time And created my own folder I was able to transfer the files. However When I tried playing it it said the format was not supported.

5. load97

load97 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Plumber Extraordinaire
    Minnesota
    Why can't there just be a nice smooth way to Sync playlists... Winamp was hit and miss, WMP not so good.

6. Killyouridols

Killyouridols Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Be careful Windows Media Player didn't rip them as .wma files. Android, Natively, doesn't support it. I ripped 50 or so CD's as .MP3 in Media Player, Opened up my Nexus and dropped them into the 'Music' folder. All worked OK

7. otter

otter Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2010
    AH HA! They ripped them as .wma (but I still have problems transferring other music so thanks for those tips). I'll have to figure out how to rip them as a different format

8. otter

otter Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2010
    I just picked up an app that transfers from wma to mp3 and that seemed to work. Sure maybe I have a virus on my computer but at least I can listen to the songs now ;-)

9. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    TN
    Fwiw, there is a setting in windows media player to rip them as .mp3 files instead of .wma files.

Tags: