1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problem updating PRL, Firmware and Profile

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SETXBully, May 16, 2011.

1. SETXBully

SETXBully Lurker

Is anyone else having problems with the system updates? Mine began with the 2.1 update. Since installing it a few months ago, I get an error message, "Unkown Error" everytime I try to update anything (except Android which just says "Your system is up to date") in the System Update folder.
    I have been to the Sprint store three times, and the last time I was told that it is a Samsung problem and they are aware of the problem. The tech even showed me a printout of a communication from Samsung to Sprint detailing the problem.

I just wanted to know if I am the only one having this problem. I have been a member of this site for a little while now, however this is my first post, so I appologize in advance for not knowing my way around:thinking:.
    If anyone knows of a fix for this problem, your assistance is GREATLY appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. IAmSixNine

IAmSixNine Well-Known Member

Yup its a problem. For a few months mine would give me an error. Now that it updates nothing actually happens. Still says 60676.

3. JDuc

JDuc Well-Known Member

Did you ever figure this out? Are you on the stock ROM or a custom ROM?

4. SETXBully

SETXBully Lurker

Stock (I assume you are asking me if I rooted my phone or not, and I have not)
    No, I have not. I even went so far as to email Samsung, but they never replied to my email. At this point, I don't think I will be able to recieve any updates OTA.
    I also cannot update my PRL, which is at least as big a concern for me, if not more so.
    I would love to know how to fix this problem. I have reset my phone to factory settings 4 times since the 2.1 update came out, either downloading the update again or having the Sprint store do it, and I really don't see any reason to do that again unless I have some reason to believe it will fix the problem.
    Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

5. ZiggSVO

ZiggSVO Well-Known Member

From what I know it's an issue on all Epics, stock or rooted period.

6. nstg8r

nstg8r Android Enthusiast

This happened to me when I 1st got my phone. I called customer support and they did something on their end to fix it. Haven't had this problem since.

7. ncpeep

ncpeep Newbie

chat with sprint and have them do a remote refresh, it may help solve it.

Samsung Epic 4G Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G release date was September 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

September 2010
Release Date
Reviews