1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Problem Updating to 2.2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Poopfoot1980, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Poopfoot1980

Poopfoot1980 New Member

Aug 4, 2010
    My Droid appears to have an issue, and I'm hoping someone here can help. It is completely stock. I've searched this and other forums, but can't find anyone with a similar issue. My phone is not bricked, but I would really like to update to 2.2.

When Android 2.1 came out, I did a manual update and had no issues completing it.

When 2.2 came out, I tried the manual update like normal. Held the X key while powering up, and the Motorola logo came up. Then the phone shut down, and the logo came up again. As long as I hold down the X, this continues to happen.

Late last week, I got the notice on my phone that the update was ready to install. I tapped Install Now, and the phone shut down and restarted in a similar manner as described above.

Crap. So, I can't get into Recovery Mode. At all.

So, I decided to attempt a factory reset through the Settings Menu. Same thing happens. Moto logo comes up, the the phone shuts down. Then powers back up like nothing happened.

I took it to the VZW store. Was essentially told to wait a bit, and that they would do a warranty exchange if the phone became unusable.

I did the Motorola Support Chat, and was told that VZW should be getting a tool to help, but it seemed like the rep didn't really understand what I was describing.

Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. mwhobg

mwhobg Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Same exact thing happened to me. I was told to just wait.