• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem upgrading Samsung GS to latest firmware

vajolirojah

Lurker
May 31, 2011
Hello

I have just upgraded my Samsung Galaxy S to the latest firmware 2.3.3 and now operating on Gingerbread. I have upgraded the latest version of Samsung Kies.

When I tried to then do the same upgrade on my boyfriend's Samsung GS, on plugging into Kies, it said he was operating from the latest firmware, and no upgrade was required. But the details listed an older version and nowhere was it possible to upgrade to 2.3.3. Is there an obvious reason for this?

It's evident from some of the new available settings and stylistic features that I am operating on a completely different version of the firmware.

Can anyone offer any advice?

We are both operating on model GT-I9000 and O2 network in the UK.

Thanks

Hello

I have just upgraded my Samsung Galaxy S to the latest firmware 2.3.3 and now operating on Gingerbread. I have upgraded the latest version of Samsung Kies.

When I tried to then do the same upgrade on my boyfriend's Samsung GS, on plugging into Kies, it said he was operating from the latest firmware, and no upgrade was required. But the details listed an older version and nowhere was it possible to upgrade to 2.3.3. Is there an obvious reason for this?

It's evident from some of the new available settings and stylistic features that I am operating on a completely different version of the firmware.

Can anyone offer any advice?

We are both operating on model GT-I9000 and O2 network in the UK.

Thanks

Can't help there but you might not want to rush. There seem to be a couple of bugs in Gingerbread. In particular the Android OS bug which rapidly discharges the phone. Not unique to Samsung BTW - seems a software bug.

Upvote 0
Hey guys,

I've upgraded my firmware for galaxy s to 2.2 and since then am not able to connect to any wifi network. The scanning of available networks and selecting a particular network is possible but once i select a network n when it prompts for the wifi key the connect button is not active without which i cannot connect to the network.

plz help tried all the setting in wifi but nothing seems to work ...

cheers

Paritosh

Upvote 0
I would do a factory reset on the phone see if that resolves the issue.
You can do this either using the 3 button combo - hold volume up and home button while powering on the phone.
You can also do a factory reset in the phone menu under Privacy. Note both option will remove your data/contacts etc so backup first.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones