• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem w/ SIPDroid & wifi

smackboy1

Aug 31, 2010
I got a Samsung Galaxy S3 so I set up my disconnected Dinc to make VOIP calls over wifi. I use SIPDroid and Google Voice.

Sometimes the VOIP call works fine. But then sometimes the Dinc will have a problem maintaining the wifi connection. It will repeatedly disconnect, reconnect, search for an IP, then disconnect again. After I end the call, it will take a while before a stable wifi connection can be maintained and if I try to place another SIP call it will disconnect the wifi. If I shut down SIPDroid completely, the wifi connection on the Dinc goes back to normal.

Anyone familiar with this problem? I think it's something between SIPDroid and the Dinc. The same thing happens with both my Dinc's using different wifi connections. The S3 does not have any problems with SIPDroid at all.

I got a Samsung Galaxy S3 so I set up my disconnected Dinc to make VOIP calls over wifi. I use SIPDroid and Google Voice.

Sometimes the VOIP call works fine. But then sometimes the Dinc will have a problem maintaining the wifi connection. It will repeatedly disconnect, reconnect, search for an IP, then disconnect again. After I end the call, it will take a while before a stable wifi connection can be maintained and if I try to place another SIP call it will disconnect the wifi. If I shut down SIPDroid completely, the wifi connection on the Dinc goes back to normal.

Anyone familiar with this problem? I think it's something between SIPDroid and the Dinc. The same thing happens with both my Dinc's using different wifi connections. The S3 does not have any problems with SIPDroid at all.
I've used groove ip with google voice and my old incredible with no problems, I don't have any experience with sipdroid.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snrblabs.grooveip

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones