1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problem w/ SIPDroid & wifi

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by smackboy1, Aug 15, 2012.

1. smackboy1

smackboy1 Newbie

I got a Samsung Galaxy S3 so I set up my disconnected Dinc to make VOIP calls over wifi. I use SIPDroid and Google Voice.

Sometimes the VOIP call works fine. But then sometimes the Dinc will have a problem maintaining the wifi connection. It will repeatedly disconnect, reconnect, search for an IP, then disconnect again. After I end the call, it will take a while before a stable wifi connection can be maintained and if I try to place another SIP call it will disconnect the wifi. If I shut down SIPDroid completely, the wifi connection on the Dinc goes back to normal.

Anyone familiar with this problem? I think it's something between SIPDroid and the Dinc. The same thing happens with both my Dinc's using different wifi connections. The S3 does not have any problems with SIPDroid at all.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

I've used groove ip with google voice and my old incredible with no problems, I don't have any experience with sipdroid.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snrblabs.grooveip

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews