1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support problem while updating gallaxy s i9000

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zaen73, Aug 10, 2011.

1. zaen73

zaen73 Lurker
    None

Aug 10, 2011
    hi my galaxy s 1 is new i was making an update for it and in the middle of the update it was unplugged i tried to re plug it but it didnt work and it only gives me that i have to re plug it to the the computer but the computer can not recognize it and i try the reset buttons but it didnt work
    please help

Advertisement

2. rayhipkiss

rayhipkiss Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    Male
    UK
    First thing to try is to goto recovery mode. Switch the phone completely off. Hold volume up, home key and power key in that order until you see the Galaxy S logo, then release all buttons. You should now be in recovery mode.
    Scroll down to the factory reset option and select. You will lose all personal data on the phone though but as the phones screwed you've lost that data anyway.

If that doesn't work you will have to reinstall the firmware using Odin. To get you started visit Samsung Android - www.SamFirmware.com and register for a free account. There you can download the latest version of Android for your region which will include a copy of Odin as well. There are also some guides on how to flash the firmware to your phone on that site.

All the best.

Ray.

Ps

Kies is pretty useless, so I would suggest to stay clear of it in the future and stick with Odin.

3. zaen73

zaen73 Lurker
    None

Aug 10, 2011
    hi and thankx for the help
    i tried what u said "Switch the phone completely off. Hold volume up, home key and power key in that order until you see the Galaxy S logo, then release all buttons. You should now be in recovery mode." it didnt work
    and i tried the second thing but it didnt work too couse i cant be on the download mode i cant get it to start on the download mode and the computer is not recognizing it at all what i mean is the computer is not recognizing the usb
    so please help it only gives me the mobile computer pic (that i have to connect the mobile to the computer ) and i also tried to hold the updown volume key and the power key and let it blink 3 times and release the power button but it is the same
    thankx again