1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problem with a micro-sd card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Frenchie, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Frenchie

Frenchie Lurker

Greetings,
    I installed a Samsung 128 Go evo micro-sd but it's not recognized by the system andit's a blocking problem any help or suggestions would be welcome
    Thanks in advance, The Frenchie a.k.a. Pierre

Advertisement

racibennett likes this.
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

in your phone's settings under storage, you will need to format the card first. do you not see this option?

MrJavi likes this.
  3. Frenchie

Frenchie Lurker

Thanks ocnbrz (short for Ocean Breeze maybe?) for your reactivity. But the reply to your uestion is No simply because my macro-SD card is not recognized!!
    I'll see if I can extract it again to see what happens
    P.S.! I've verified that there no new updates, that my smartphone is fully charged, that my Samsung Sm-A520M will accept up to 256 Go sd cards ant that the one I inserted is compatile ... but alas: no go
    Stay tuned for the next episode
    Pierre

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

just curious do you have another sd card to try? just so that we can rule out the phone.

i found this article and it has some great suggestions for you to try.
    android failed to detect memory/sd card

MrJavi likes this.
  5. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

Excellent suggestion

6. Frenchie

Frenchie Lurker

Yes Sr
    A64 Gb

7. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Try SD insight from the play store to check if the SD card is legit

MrJavi likes this.
  8. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Won't help if the phone won't recognise the card.

Do you have access to a computer (plus a card reader, but they are cheap) or another phone? It might be worth checking whether another device can read the card. If it can't that might suggest that the card is the problem.

MrJavi likes this.
  9. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Duh. My bad

10. Frenchie

Frenchie Lurker

11. Frenchie

Frenchie Lurker

Greetings to all the kind souls who made suggestions regarding my post concerning my micro-sd problems. after several tries (replacing the card not recognized exchangig it with another typr 46 GB etc... ) which produced mixed results = cards detected once but after shutting down my phone not being recognized with either card -I finally took it to the computer place where I bought it and the conclusion was (alas!!) rapid: the "drawer" which houses the micro-card was out of commission. Their solution was to repair it ... but at a cost of over the equivalent of $ 150 definitely not woth it!! si I made the decision to go back and use the 32 Gb card which came with the phone, which is sufficient for my current use I make of it.
    Thought I'd let you know. Thus, I just wish to clos the thread but not before thanking all of you for all your efforts on my behalf, your help and the time you spent, much appreciated
    Warmest regars from "The Frenchie" a.k.a. Pierre

Dannydet and MrJavi like this.
  12. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

:)