• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Problem with Attain

papersnake

Lurker
Jan 16, 2013
The phone goes to the samsung logo and shuts off, sometimes it goes through the animation but still boots off.

At first I thought maybe it was a corrupted sd card so I took it out with no luck, then I thought it was a corrupted sim card so i took it out with no luck. I've run out of options.

I've gone to metro and the store clerk said it was too damaged, there was a scratch on the screen. I went to their headquarters and they said I'm past my year warranty so now imy only option is to fix it myself.

I tried flashing it with a new tar but it did nothing, any thoughts or comments? I can still get into download mode and all that so maybe there's a fix for it.

Please and thank you for your time
~papersnake

The phone goes to the samsung logo and shuts off, sometimes it goes through the animation but still boots off.

At first I thought maybe it was a corrupted sd card so I took it out with no luck, then I thought it was a corrupted sim card so i took it out with no luck. I've run out of options.

I've gone to metro and the store clerk said it was too damaged, there was a scratch on the screen. I went to their headquarters and they said I'm past my year warranty so now imy only option is to fix it myself.

I tried flashing it with a new tar but it did nothing, any thoughts or comments? I can still get into download mode and all that so maybe there's a fix for it.

Please and thank you for your time
~papersnake

Well first off the sd card has nothing to do with whether a phone works or not since it doesn't run off of it and same thing goes with the sim card. Have you tried running the official update?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones