• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with Auto-Rotate getting stuck in Landscape

I get this problem now and again, I can fix it by going into settings and turning off auto-rotate. When I turn auto-rotate back on (usually hours or days later), then it works normally. I'm not sure if turning it off and then back on fixes it as well... but it saves me from having to reboot. I rarely use landscape mode anyway. :)

Upvote 0
Hi there,

I can confirm this problem. It happens to me too sometimes and I can 100% reproduce this with the Google Sky Map app. After using this app, the display won't turn anymore, so I think it's maybe a software problem and not a hardware failure.

Cheers,
JoergK.

My wife and I both experienced the problem after using Google Skymap and I just replicated it again. I did not get it to replicate after using Gallery...

Upvote 0
This is happening to me now with the "Car Home Ultra" app. Whenever I open or start this app it locks my screen orientation into either portrait or landscape mode whichever is up at the time. I'm working with the developer, who by the way has been very responsive to my questions. but still haven't figured out the problem.

Like others, the only fix is to power off my phone and power back on. Very annoying!

dh

Reactions: artfulJohn
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones