1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Problem with automatic weather downloads

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by westbros, Sep 11, 2010.

1. westbros

westbros Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Really strange one this one. I'm a bit of a weather junkie...sad, I know. :eek: My problem is that the weather widget and the HTC clock/weather widget refuse to update automatically. On one of my homescreens I have the full weather widget and went into the settings for that and checked for automatic downloads with an update frequency of 3 hrs (just to see how it works to begin with).

This morning I switched my phone off airplane mode (which I use overnight) and the weather did not sync until I did it manually. I wondered first if it had to do with airplane mode.

But now I've done a test. I've gone back into the settings, re-checked automatic downloads, gone out to the widget and then BACK to the settings. To my surprise I now find automatic downloads UNCHECKED, when I've checked it only 10 seconds before. I've repeated this test a couple of times and the same happens each time. It refuses to keep automatic downloads checked. :mad:

I would add that I don't have GPS switched on, because I don't want to bleed my battery's power. Is this the problem? Thanks for any tips. BTW, I have 2.2.

Advertisement

2. MrCave

MrCave Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Settings > Accounts and Sync (Check auto sync)

3. westbros

Aug 8, 2010
    Cool, thanks. I'll give that a try.

4. westbros

Aug 8, 2010
    Yep, it seems to have worked. :)

Tags: