• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with battery draining

luke stepp

Sep 22, 2010
My Captivate is not holding a charge like I think it should. When I check the battery usage, I see that 46% of the usage is for Cell standby (battery used by cell radio). What is the cell radio? How do I fix this?

The phone display also will stay on, even though I have it to timeout after 15 seconds.

And, of course, the phone shuts off. All the time. And not to be a curmudgeon, but please don't tell me that the solution for the shutting down is to take it back and have it replaced (I've already done that).

Man, I really want a phone that will work.

What apps have you installed that might affect the display timeout? Something's keeping the display from turning off.

Also, if your phone's display actually stayed on as you you say, the Display should be the highest percentage, not Cell Standby.

Finally, how many hours of battery do you have? I get about 13 hours of battery life and I surf on it constantly or play games on it once I get home from work. 13 hours is great...as I came from a WinMo phone that only held a 6 hr charge.

If you came from a dumbphone, you have to let go the expectation to only charge your phone only once every 5 days (that's what I could do with my Nokia flip phone).

Smartphones need to be charged at night, every night. You can't avoid it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones