1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problem with Bluetooth Headset

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nath_fiery, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Nath_fiery

Nath_fiery Lurker

Hi all,

i got a problem with my Bluetooth headset. When i watch videos, listen to music, audiobooks etc. everthing is fine, the video and audio is synced, but when i play any mobile game (low hardware performance, high hardware performance) the audio is like half a second up to a second desynced. I have two Bluetooth headsets and i have the problem with both so i know it's not my main headset that is the problem. I searched the android settings, but i couldn't find something. Nothing solved it. Do you know what could be the solution?

My main headset is the SENNHEISER MOMENTUM Wireless and my OS is Android 8.0.0

Thank you for your help. Regards

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Yeah. That's really an issue with Bluetooth headsets in general and gaming, even for PC gaming. There will always be a bit of lag. Even with videos. The difference being the lag is too small for you to perceive. Bluetooth transmission of audio works by unpacking the audio file, then compressing it, then transmitting it, then the Bluetooth headset will read it. Commonly for videos, the audio is already compressed into a format that can be sent readily. Not always true, but especially for gaming it is not true because often times game files for audio should be uncompressed. The lag comes from the compression part, how much should the audio be compressed to be bluetooth friendly. The best compression at this point is LDAC. If you are on Oreo, you can change the bluetooth audio to LDAC to increase quality because of lower compression. HOWEVER, I believe the Momentums don't support LDAC.

mydian and lunatic59 like this.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews