• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help problem with bluetooth in my car (Nissan)

duke5952

Lurker
Feb 20, 2011
Hello all,
I am new here and hoping someone will read that has some knowledge on Bluetooth. I have the original Moto Droid, and have had some problems with my car's handsfree bluetooth.

The phone connects fine, but it takes about 3 seconds after I answer for the call to come thru the handsfree system. This did not happen with my old phone (not a droid).

More concerning to me, I cannot transfer my contacts to my bluetooth phonebook. I can enter the number with my voice, but by transferring the contacts instead the car displays the name of the contact (instead of their phone number) when they call. I have tried a few different apps to transfer contacts, and the car "receives" their phone number fine. However, when I tell my car to call someone I have saved via this method, the call doesn't go thru. The handsfree system acts as normal, but the phone does not dial out.

The car is a 2007 Nissan Altima SE. Perhaps the phone and the car use different types of bluetooth? I am tech savy, but obviously oblivious to the workings of bluetooth. Any help would be appreciated! I am incredibly frustrated with my phone.

Thanks,

Duke.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones